Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back and ready to go


We got back from a week long vacation in Cabo San Lucas with Mr. Squirrel's side of the family. It was nice. Only problem was that Mr. Squirrel had a collision with granddaughter number 2 and severely injured his left knee. He feels he'll need surgery but I hope all he needs is a long recuperation.

Even though both sides of our families are very religious, this time I was at ease and had fun. There was no hidden feeling of a shark attack waiting to happen. One of the huge glaring differences is my family is Southern Baptist and Mr. Squirrel's family is Episcopal. In other words, one is conservative and the other is more liberal and tolerant.

Yes, I was much more relaxed on this vacation.

If you ever find yourself in Cabo San Lucas I must recommend seeing the dolphins at Cabo Dolphins. All six of us got to swim and play with Jennie, one of the dolphins at the center, for over 30 minutes. It was the most wonderful experience ever and one that our granddaughters will never forget. It was one of those experiences that will forever bring a tear of happiness to my eyes.

1 comment:

tina FCD said...

I would love to swim with a dolphin, I'm sooo jealous!