Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Equal time

This video is how some people treat an argument that has two or more sides to it. For a good example of this one could watch Fox News or just turn to the Texas Board of Education to see it in action. I've also seen this personally in a very subtle way. For example I was told one time that I was not allowed to take pictures of crazy roadside anti-abortion signs because I would be making fun of the signs on the Internet. When I asked later why that was a problem I was told that those people are entitled to their beliefs and making fun of them is unethical (or something like that).

Many, many years ago the KKK was brought down by an infiltrator that made fun of their secret ways in newspaper articles. Perhaps it was wrong to do this because those people were entitled to their beliefs that can harmed others?  But, this person would argue, the anti-abortion view hasn't harmed anyone. The assassination of Dr Tiller in his church in front of his family isn't harming anyone? The signs I was told not to take pictures of were in Wichita, Kansas. How's that for disturbing?

1 comment:

tina FCD said...

That was crazy1 lol!