Thursday, November 22, 2007

Astrology anyone?

This actually happened to me yesterday.

I'm at a Starbucks drive thru ordering my usual triple grande latte. The girl taking my order is sweet and cordial but in the background I can hear someone cutting up and mocking my answers. It's obvious she's doing it for fun and I smile at the the easiness she seems to have in her humor.

When I get to the window there are two girls running the register. One is serious and hands me my coffee, the other is dancing, smiling, and singing. She's the one who was mocking me! In good humor I told her I could hear her in the speaker. She covered her mouth in surprise and apologized while flashing a huge grin at me. In response, while flashing an equally huge grin back, I said it was no problem and was quite fun listening to her. Immediately she asks me if I'm a Scorpio. Being a skeptic I know her chances of guessing my zodiac sign is 12 to 1, so you can imagine my surprise that she guessed it right!

Anyway, she was a Scorpio too and seemed to think since I found her funny and also showed a little humor that I must be too. With no time or interest in explaining why astrology is silly, I chalked the experience up to a good time had by all. It was fun!

3 comments:

tina FCD said...

I probably would of laughed it off too. But I had a funky experience at a drive-thru burger joint. We came around closing time and it must of pissed the workers off. I could hear someone in the background saying, they need to hurry the fuck up! and just being plain freakin' rude!

Anonymous said...

Astrology is the study which relies on close observation of astronomical objects and the charting of their movements for the prediction of the future events.In modern times astrologers have tended to rely on data drawn up by astronomers and set out in a set of tables called an ephemeris,which shows the changing positions of the heavenly bodies through time.It is the interpretation of these science based tables that makes astrology a target for the label pseudoscience.

The Super Sweet Atheist said...

Shanpeter45

So you're a believer? What else do you believe in with no evidence? Leprechauns? Loch Ness Monster? Big Foot?