Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The F Bomb

I was over at No More Hornets reading his post on his tribute to the word FUCK.

I personally love using the word! I'm a petite woman with bright blue eyes and a pretty smile so when I say "fuck" in the course of a conversation people perk up. I especially like it when I can get a laugh out of a serious subject with a well placed expletive or defuse a tense situation with a nicely timed f-bomb.

I have to be careful because sometimes I can lose an audience by using the word for personal gratification. I also have to be keenly aware of the nature of my audience; saying "fuck" to my grandmother wouldn't prove a point and would get me an ass chewing. Doing it during dinner with my mother, sister, niece and nephew probably isn't going to win me awards either.

Over the years I've perfected my timing and I'm proud to say I haven't had a bad screw up in many months!

4 comments:

Nicholas said...

It's one of my favourite words!

tina FCD said...

My son taught me how to say it....lol!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it is a great word. Thanks for visiting my chainsaw massacre.

You are so right about it's use being inappropriate on some occasions too, though I sometimes struggle to identify them until afterwards. Oh well. My grandmother got over it. I think she just pretended it didn't happen.

Tommykey said...

Sometimes when I am in the supermarket and am having trouble finding something, I feel tempted to go to one of the store clerks and in a very polite and friendly tone ask "Excuse me, but where the fuck is the parmesan cheese?" Something about the incongruence between the tone of voice and the use of profanity.