Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Family emails at a minimum.

This weekend I will be attending a "get together" with my fundy sister and fundy preteen son, my fundy mother and Catholic husband (I'm 46, I refuse to call him my step-father), and my atheist brother and atheist family. With DH and me that makes 5 atheists and 4 Christians. Ah! We got them outnumbered!
I'd like to think that we can counteract the religious overtones of the event but I don't want to get my hopes up. Perhaps I can hope for the best and be happy with what actually happens. Unfortunately, when it comes to family, shit never seems to happen smoothly. Also, the older I get the more cynical about the religious I've become. I may be able to fake a good smile and be a "happy" gal but I always feel dirty in the end.

My reason for the lack of blogging: I'll be spending quality time with religious family members this weekend so I decided to lay low on the email until after the event. It's better for everyone that my apostasy isn't in recent memory. Some people I can talk to about this subject but not my sister or mother. It'll get ugly and someone is bound to lose an eye.

So hold tight, after January 1 I'll be writing more and getting great material.

5 comments:

tina FCD said...

Ohhh...I can't wait!

Sean Wright said...

Have fun, and wear safety goggles

Nicholas said...

Have fun in spite of all the god-hugging! We'll look forward to reading what you write in the New Year.

Joe said...

>>I may be able to fake a good smile and be a "happy" gal but I always feel dirty in the end.<<

Damn if I don't feel the same way. What a great line!

Poodles said...

Looking forward to these stories.