Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lying for Jesus

Mrs Palin is getting under my skin so I'm writing about her again. Please bear with me.

One of my friends is a 5th grade school teacher. She is a single mom with two adorable girls, 6 and 10. We were talking about Sarah Palin and my friend made a statement which resonated with me. She said there was no way she would vote for a woman who would force a 13 year old girl (or any age) to give birth to a baby conceived as a result of a rape or incest. She said that she couldn't imagine putting her own daughters though the trauma of an unwanted pregnancy on top of being victimized by a rapist. Mrs Palin misquoted Madeline Albright by saying, "There’s a place in Hell reserved for women who don’t support other women." I agree. Her position on abortion ain't supportin' women so there must be a special place for her in the nether regions of mythology.

Note: the correct quote is: “There’s a place in Hell reserved for women who don't help other women.” One of my favs.

I'm concerned about Mrs Palin's soul as well. (OK, not really.) She is bearing false witness by saying this statement. "Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country." She was referring to Bill Ayers.

This is what the NY Times had to say in response: Summing up its findings, the Times wrote: "A review of records of the schools project and interviews with a dozen people who know both men, suggest that Mr. Obama, 47, has played down his contacts with Mr. Ayers, 63. But the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.'"

These kinds of personal attacks have a way of backfiring. In an age where information is readily available you would think the Republicans would stick with the facts. Mrs Palin ain't lookin' so good after all, is she?

You betcha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin associated with a man who wanted to break up the Union. In fact, she married him.

The Super Sweet Atheist said...

Oh yes, and their taxes are another huge issue.

Godless Woman said...

I am back! I would just like to say that the Republican Party may have realized that their base isn't really the fact checking type so they figure they can say whatever they want, and if they add a few pieces of "evidence" they may be able to get a few more voters outside their base.

Godless Woman said...

A bit off topic sorry, but I thought that those who read this blog my be interested in crashing the latest American Family Association poll

tina FCD said...

She seems very unprofessional in my opinion.