Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Day After

I seem to have a talent for voting for the loser. Mrs. Clinton won the primary in Texas by the slimmest of margins. She managed to get 51% of the popular vote. I'm actually glad this has happened because I feel we need more time to feel out our candidates and to get to know the issues more intimately. What will happen is we will get more information flowing to us via the media about Democratic policies, more people will be educated on the issues, and the Republican Party will take notice and change to accommodate.

Mrs. Clinton won in Ohio and Rhode Island as well. She stated in an interview this morning "as Ohio goes, so goes the nation." We'll see.....

More good news is that God decided that the Rev. Mike Huckabee is no longer his choice for president. Gosh, Mike was so sure that God caused him to win Iowa that surely the rest of the states would follow. NOT! Mmmmm, insert the "God works in mysterious ways" excuse here.

8 comments:

tina FCD said...

I am still undecided!

Sean Wright said...

Oh, Bugger!!

Tex's Missus said...

The US Presidential race is generating a lot more interest over here than our own recent Federal election, with many people watching the battle between the Democratic candidates with great interest ... what is the level of enthusiasm like over there ?

tina FCD said...

That would be so strange if Hillary won and Barrack was vice-president....crazy. Two history making events here.

Donna said...

Summer,

I wanted to be thank you for your
comments/remarks on Mar. 5th & 6th,
in response to my posting @ Sean's
blog.

I just realized I now feel better,
in general, than I have in months,
because it's getting easier to see
the alerts "coming down the pike."
Which, in the "real" world, allows
people to "redirect" their energies.

Thank you for your "input"!!

Donna

The Super Sweet Atheist said...

Tex's Missus: It is a major topic of discussion. Lots of support for the Democratic Party, whether it be Obama or Clinton, in opposition to the current Bush Administration. I heard on a MSNBC show that there has never been a Republican elected into office during a recession, which seems to be what we're in presently. It's still no guarantee that a Democrat will get elected, but it is food for thought.

Tina, I have a feeling those two will be on the Democratic ticket no matter who wins the Presidential nomination. Oh, and even though I made up my mind, I'm still not completely convinced it's the right decision for me. Tough place to be.

Donna, I'm glad my input has been instrumental in helping you see things a little clearer. You're very welcome, and you've made my day! I wish you only the best.

Anonymous said...

Maybe god isn't that desperate!

I'm delighted about Hillary. Obama could use 8 years as VP to get experience of something other than campaigning, then he'll be unstoppable

Tommykey said...

If Obama becomes the nominee for the Democratic Party, the worst thing he could do would be to have Hillary as his VP candidate. She doesn't want to be second fiddle and I think she would cause him a lot of grief.