Friday, July 25, 2008

Back from Kansas

Yesterday I got back from visiting my mother and her husband in a god forsaken place called Goddard, Kansas. It's just west of Wichita on Highway 54. I don't think I'll be going back.

One strange thing I noticed was the political/religious signs that some families posted on the edge of their sprawling wheat fields. Mostly about their disdain for murdering babies, opps, I mean legalized abortion. I wanted to take a picture of a particularly amusing one but my religious and highly moral sister (who was driving) refused to pull over. The reason? She didn't want me to make fun of these people and their views on the Internet. So I figured I'd do it anyway sans picture.

It was funny to see signs condemning legalized abortion and condemning contraception. Yep, you saw that right - signs condemning contraception. Just squirt those Catholic babies out as fast as you can conceive 'em.

So there, I didn't need a goddamn picture to make fun of stupid views based on stupid dogma.

More on the rest of the trip later.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if they are going to have stupid ideas then we are going to make fun of them.

I wonder if you had an anti-religious sign on your lawn, whether your sister would make fun of it?

Anonymous said...

Well, that's it, you see! To a good Christian, it is wrong to murder unborn babies, even if they are the size of tadpoles, and even if they are unwanted. Mind you, once those unwanted babies are born, it is wrong to have social programs to help them and their unwed mothers, and if they grow into criminals then it's perfectly ok to shut them away in some hellhole or even execute them as, no doubt, Jesus wants you to.