Friday, May 18, 2007

SplashTown!

My brother and I did the coolest thing today. We went to SplashTown. This is a water park with all kinds of slides and pools for mostly children to enjoy, but we decided being 40+ wasn't going to stop us.

The best slide was called The Tornado. It's a huge funnel laying sideways with a chute that, after lots of twists and turns and one nice, unexpected drop, deposits a float with 1-4 people into it. You then go back and forth within the funnel as lots of water squirts all over you getting you soaking wet. The first time was very scary as we were very high up and my back was to the opening of the chute. I didn't see the drop coming and the thrill of it forced me to scream. The whole time my brother is laughing hysterically at me.

We did it 4 times! I can't wait to do it again!

My brother and I were, by far, the oldest people doing the slides. Oh yeah, I did mention that I'm easy to please.

2 comments:

tina FCD said...

That sounds like fun but If I'm around water I want to go fishing.

fubarmonkey said...

Oh man, I HATE going down facing away from the chute. It sounds like a lot of fun and it sounds almost like one of the waterslides in Adventure Island.