Thursday, May 31, 2007

Uneventful letter to my family

Nothing that exciting here. Although we did have a nasty hail storm last night. This time the car was in the garage, thank GOD! (Sorry, couldn't resist.) DH's old chick mobile was outside, but it's been beat up so much on the highway I don't think he was too concerned about it.

Funny thing about the hail storm. It formed right over us and stayed for several hours spitting large pea sized ice most of the time. I kept thinking, damn, that pool is just warm enough to go swimming in and now ice is being chunked into it! I checked it later and the temp change was negligible. Good thing because Brother and Niece are coming to play in the pool and have pizza for lunch. Unfortunately it is forecasted for 40% chance of thunderstorms in the PM.

I've started a new workout routine to increase my speed in the court and it's leaving me very sore. It'll take me a few more days to get used to using those muscles. I've also gained a couple of pounds in muscle as a result of this new workout and it's really bothering me. I know where the extra weight is and it's not in a good spot. (OK, on the thighs.)

Houston area soldier killed on Memorial Day. Article follows:

HOUSTON -- A soldier from Pasadena was killed in action in Iraq on Memorial Day, KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.

Second Lt. Kile Grant West and his crew were attempting to rescue a downed helicopter crew when their vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel bad for Cindy Sheehan because her heart is in the right place, but the public wasn't ready to hear her message. I think there's some truth to her statement, "I have tried ever since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful," she wrote. "Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives."

Sad, but so very true. Those who have sacrificed understand, those who haven't don't. I don't make any claims about understanding what it means to lose one's child in this war. From what I've read about those who have, the pain is excruciating to imagine what our goals were when this started and the lack of goals now especially in light of the lies that were told. No, I don't understand. I think that with every death we experience we are no closer to resolving this conflict. Oh, and our great president has forecasted August to be a very difficult month and that casualties could increase over the summer. Just makes you want to puke.

On a lighter note: Priest Boots Organist Who Sells Sex Toys. What's with this religious preoccupation with sex? Don't answer, I already know!

1 comment:

tina FCD said...

Good luck with the tennis. I can't imagine losing a child to a war. I hope she finds her peace within herself. Ummm...does that sound a little churchy?