Thursday, January 17, 2008

How I feel about Republicans

If I was to rate the Republican presidential candidates I would put McCain first, because of his experience in the Senate; and Romney second, because of his experience as governor of Massachusetts. Ron Paul and the Rev. Mike Huckabee have both proven to be ill informed about the history of our government and out-of-touch with the voters in this great country so they are not qualified to be on this list.

BTW, I will not be voting Republican this year so I haven't been keeping close tabs on these guys. Ask me about the Democrats and I can be more specific. The number one reason I'll be refraining from Republican politics is they seem to blur the line between Church and State and, if they knew the history like a presidential candidate should, they would be educating people about this instead of pandering to them. I find them blatantly dishonest. Especially, but not exclusively, the Rev. Mike Huckabee.

The founding fathers of this country would've been horrified to hear the statements made by the Rev. Huckabee last Monday.

Although not a founding father, Abraham Lincoln had this to say about people who try to subvert our government:
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Another memorable quote:
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson


What it would take to change the Constitution: Constitutional Amendments - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

1 comment:

tina FCD said...

I just don't understand this way of thinking. I didn't believe Larro when he told me about this.
Shysters!