Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sad to see Edwards go

I see that John Edwards has dropped out of the Democratic Presidential race. It's too bad. I felt he was the most qualified out of those who were left. I still haven't made up my mind, but Obama is sounding very presidential lately. I won't be providing any references just yet but I think he may be the right guy at the right time. Don't get me wrong, I really like Clinton too. Being a lady senator automatically makes her a very attractive choice to this feminist.

On a side note, I was so happy to see that my faith in the intelligence of the American people was spot on. For whatever reason, be it the veterans or the "over 65" crowd or even the evangelicals, but most people have seen through the facade of the Rev. Mike Huckabee. Sorry guys, but it's not about God. It's about power and money. As we've seen with GWB, not even a man of God can navigate the waters of corruption safely. In fact, they seem to be pretty bad at it. We only have to look at Falwell, Haggard, Robertson, Sharpton, a whole bunch of Catholic priets, etc. Just because one puts "Rev." (or Father) in front of his/her name doesn't automatically make them a good, moral person. In fact, I could argue that it gives some people power to do unimaginable horrible things.

4 comments:

Tex's Missus said...

Hi Squirrel, I'm over the other side of the world, but nontheless following this issue with much interest. The notion that the US may possibly have a black or woman president is very exciting - I'm not sure whether Australians are ready for that here, but I'd like to think so :) For what it's worth, I'd like to see Obama get up.

Sean Wright said...

I think the deomcratic candidate will win, whoever they are. George has worn out the welcome.

The Super Sweet Atheist said...

I actually think that Obama as president will be the best thing for our country, especially internationally.

Yes, GWB has worn out his welcome many years ago. And he's been the worst lame duck president in recent history. Even Clinton was doing a better job while getting blow jobs in the Oval Office.

Well, that's MHO, anyway!

tina FCD said...

I am still undecided...:(