Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm back!

Yes, I've been gone for a long time. In my defense I've been pretty sick and just plain tired. After lots of rest and some meds I'm at 100% and feeling pretty strong.

Several things have happened that I want to touch on briefly. My friend (see letter below) has yet to contact me. I'm not surprised and I'm not upset. In dealing with friends like this in the past I find that I can no longer suspend my reaction when they start spewing Jesus crap. Replace "Jesus" with "Santa Claus" and you'll see what I mean. I don't want to be politically correct anymore when dealing with friends or family so if they mention Jesus I can mention atheism. It's a free country.

My mother sent me an email saying she accepts my beliefs although she doesn't agree with them. She also stated she wanted to have a mother/daughter relationship with me. Mmmmmm..... Since I've been sick I haven't responded and I don't think I will. I'm actually happy with this kind of relationship with her because it feels more real to me. I guess the next move is mine but I'm not motivated to do anything yet.

So anyway, I'm going to spend more time with my blog. Do some updating and designing. Perhaps join the Atheist Blogroll. Stay tuned....