Thursday, April 5, 2007

Why are geeks often atheists?

Interesting article: Why are geeks often atheist? Shuzak.com

One point that this article doesn't address is that "geeks" are more apt to question authority. For me questioning authority meant I wasn't going to give up control of my life to another person. Within the church of my family I especially felt they were not qualified to do such an important thing as controling my little life. How could someone who doesn't even care about me know what is right or good for me? Even as a small girl I took great offense to this.

Don't even get me started about government....

1 comment:

tina FCD said...

I got so tired of hearing my family say, "you need to go to church," I felt like saying, "you all need to shut up!" Hmmm....didn't know that about geeks.