Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dueling bible verses

I can only guess that Mom is trying to show me the error in my ways by sending bible verses imbedded in her email. This is the latest one:
Psalm 1:1-3

Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,

I took the high road and responded in this way:
First I want to thank mom for the bible verse. There's so much gross and immoral stuff in the bible that it's nice to see the good stuff. (Yes, I've read it many times, thank you very much. Read some today in fact.) Thanks again and I look forward to more.

But what I really wanted to do is point out my favorite verse in the bible:
Ezekiel 23:20 (New Living Translation)

She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey’s and emissions like those of a horse.

Maybe I'll save it for another time.

Where are these guys anyway?

7 comments:

Toni said...

HA! I would love to make that my signature line on my work e-mail...

tina FCD said...

lol!

CyberKitten said...

..and they say that we should use the Bible as our moral compass..... [rotflmao].

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quotation! I've made a note of that. You never know when it might come in useful!

Sean Wright said...

You're lucky I wasn't drinking at my keyboard, it could have been disasterous

Yulacu said...

LOL. I'm a bit late reading this post, so I'm a bit amazed that you only got a PG rating! : )

Anonymous said...

Typical comments of those who read to reject and not read to comprehend. The two women mentioned in this passage are Judah, and Israel, two kingdoms.

I think it most ironic that you guys make the same mistake that Bible thumpers make: "A text taken out of context is a pretext for a prooftext."