Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm tired of it...the double standard I mean.

My mother sent an email to many people (I was one) about Obama being a Muslim and some other stupid shit that I couldn't read much of. It was the typical crazy religious conservative stupid shit that those people believe just because they report it on Fox News. It makes a thoughtful and intelligent person sick to see what low levels the common person has sunk to.

I sent this back to her and her husband (because the email originated from his email address, otherwise it would've only been sent to my mother):

It's been brought to my attention that my political/religious opinion is not welcome so I'd like to ask that you guys please not send your political or religious opinions and emails to me. I think that's only fair.
I'm not angry or upset. I'm just tired of it.
Thank you.
Tina

I don't expect an answer but I do expect them to stop sending those emails. I'm just tired of the BS from those people.

Note: two days later and still no response. I'm not surprised.

6 Feb 2010: still no response to my email but the religious and political emails have stopped.

3 comments:

tina FCD said...

I don't get god email anymore. Yayyy!
But I did friend a person that my husband has known forever, he believes,I think, and didn't know I was atheist. Well, I bet he does now, it's in my profile. :)

The Super Sweet Atheist said...

Hi Tina! I think my family's dislike of me goes deeper. They may say they care but I don't think they do. It makes me sad on one level and makes me angry at their stupid religion on another. Or like my brother says, "They don't give a fuck about me so I don't give a fuck about them." It shows.

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

My Dad sent a similar response to a few distant relatives, he ended up blocking at least one of them because they refused to cooperate.