Friday, January 15, 2010

Losing friends and family

"Consider it: every person you have ever met, every person will suffer the loss of his friends and family. All are going to lose everything they love in this world. Why would one want to be anything but kind to them in the meantime?" ~ Sam Harris


I have an answer for this based on some treatment I've gotten from my family. "They don't give a fuck about you!" 


The secret is not to give a fuck about them either. Not so easy to do in my case.

3 comments:

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

I tend to try to write people off when they consistently disrespect me, it's not as simple with relatives though.

tina FCD said...

Well, after years of bullshit from a sister, I can write her off, AND her lying husband. :P

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

It's just sad that they are so petty, but that's on them.