Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thoughts of the day

Several thoughts as I was walking the dog:

Unfriending and blocking all because of one post? If so, that's stupid. Could it be that I was blocked for another reason?


It might be jealousy?


The intelligence of a friend.


The universe is so awesome it's hard to imagine accepting faith/religion as a way to view reality.

As I was walking my dog I was thinking a bit about the actions of my super-duper crazy religious relative and that there might be another reason why she unfriended/blocked me on Facebook. I had just changed my email address and for grins and giggles I sent a note to her daughter (also a super-duper crazy religious relative who has blocked me on Facebook several months ago) to inform her of a new email address for her to block. Yeah, I have a sick sense of humor and I really thought it was funny and appropriate and yes, petty. I'm sure she informed her mother and her mother may have blocked me because that. I can't sure since these events happened around the same time but it does make sense if you can wrap your brain around the weirdness of their strange morality.

But it could've been something else. I post a lot on Facebook about my daily events and my super-duper crazy religious relative might have just had enough of what a fantastic person I am. I think she's jealous of the fun I'm having verses the kind of fun she has, which has to suck. If this is what is going on, and I'm certainly not sure of it, then she is a sad person indeed. It must just burn her up that a heathen like myself isn't suffering because of my unbelief. (But that's OK because I'll get it in the next life...bwahahahahaha!)

My mind was really active this morning! My next thought was of my friend who I offended by explicitly stating that I thought she was too smart to believe in Christianity. She has since demonstrated behavior that has made me change my mind about her. If she reads this I want her to know that I apologize. I was wrong to say that about you. You have shown a willingness to believe in some other crazy stuff without evidence that I thought someone as smart as you would know better and you got mad at me for trying to give you solid facts. I will now treat you a lot differently from now on. You are now free to think that Oprah is good source for solid, fact-driven advice.

So after devoting too much time thinking about the stuff above and realizing it I thought "Ah, the universe is so wonderful it makes this crap look insignificant." Last night I walked home in the cold moonlight from a friend's home while listening to a couple of horned owls hooting to each other. It was awesome. I remembered looking up into the night sky while in New Zealand and seeing the Milky Way in its wondrous glory and understanding how primitive people could make a religion out of seeing all that. For me it was like "Of course they did! What else could they do?" I was then transported to the present and grateful for the science that allows me to be captivated by the facts of time and space instead of being blinded by superstition and myth.

Sometimes it takes me a long time to appreciate or to understand something, especially something that I thought was meaningful in my life. It's time to concentrate on the people who are present in my life, those who outwardly show that I'm meaningful to them, instead of trying to get people who just don't like me to like me. Duh!

1 comment:

tina FCD said...

It's a crazy world Tina, we shouldn't really be surprised.