Sunday, March 11, 2007

Christian email hoax

I got an email hoax from a Christian relative. It claimed the government is trying to take god out of our lives by not putting it on the new dollar coin. During lunch yesterday Bro1 and I discussed this coin and how the phrase "In God We Trust" is on the side of the coin instead on the flat surfaces where most people would see it. Here is the Snopes.com website which debunks this rumor: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp

My point in bringing this up is that there is a culture within the Christian religion which is very emotional and uptight. I happen to be related to a large group of these weird people so I see it first hand. I can email until I'm blue in the face about checking facts and still no one seems to want to take the time to do it. Are these Christians just lazy or what? I think they assume that since they get these emails from other Christians that there is no way they could be false. I'm sorry, but I check EVERYTHING I get and will continue to educated these poor people.

2 comments:

tina FCD said...

I thought that was hilarious that the saying wasn't put on some of the coins. My sister also sent it to me, not knowing I'm an atheist and I never goes church.Helllooo! If there were coins that didn't have the saying on them, my son and I were dying to get our hands on one!

Unknown said...

I love that: "...weird people..."

snopes.com RULES! I use it quite a bit for one of my Yahoo! 360 freinds. I am constantly having to debunk these circulated emails. Gossshhhhh!!!

I am SOOO glad you seek to inform people of misinformation.